A Thanksgiving standby since it ran in 2005. Excellent base, too, if you like adding more ingredients to jazz it up.
Slow-Cooker Cornbread Dressing
Make a traditional cornbread dressing in the slow cooker so you'll have space in the oven for your other holiday dishes.
More From Southern Living
- 4 1/2 cups cornbread crumbs
- 1 (16-ounce) package herb stuffing mix
- 2 (10 3/4-ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 2 (14-ounce) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon rubbed sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, cut up
- Stir together cornbread crumbs, stuffing mix, and next 8 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour cornbread mixture into a lightly greased 5 1/2- or 6-quart slow cooker. Dot with butter. Cook, covered, on LOW 4 hours or until cooked through and set.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Pepperidge Farm Herb Seasoned Stuffing mix. We also used 2 (7.5-ounce) packages Martha White Yellow Cornbread Mix prepared according to package directions in 8-inch square pans. The baked cornbread made 7 cups crumbs; just freeze the rest.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note