Slow-Cooker Chipotle Beef Tacos With Cabbage and Radish Slaw
For an authentic, tasty char, toast the tortillas (one at a time) directly over a low gas flame, moving and turning them using tongs. Keep warm in foil or a clean kitchen towel until ready to serve. Recipe by Abigail Chipley, March 2011. From the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/slow-cooker-chipotle-beef-tacos-with-cabbage-and-radish-slaw-00000000052367.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) beef chuck, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 4 clove(s) garlic, chopped
- 1 to 3 tablespoon(s) chopped canned chipotles in adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- Kosher salt
- 4 cup(s) thinly sliced cabbage (about 1â3 medium cabbage)
- 4 radishes, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup(s) chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice, plus lime wedges for serving
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Sour cream, pickled jalapeÃ±o peppers, and hot sauce, for serving
- 1. In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, toss together the beef, onion, garlic, chipotles, oregano, bay leaves, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- 2. Cover and cook until the beef is very tender, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours (this will shorten total cooking time).
- 3. Twenty minutes before serving, heat oven to 350° F. In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, radishes, cilantro, lime juice, and ¼ teaspoon salt. Wrap the tortillas in foil and bake until warm, 5 to 10 minutes.
- 4. Transfer the beef to a medium bowl (reserve the cooking liquid) and shred, using 2 forks. Strain the cooking liquid through a fine-mesh sieve into the bowl with the beef and toss to combine.
- 5. Fill the tortillas with the beef and slaw. Serve with the sour cream, jalapeños, hot sauce, and lime wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note