- 1 (15 1/4-ounce) can pineapple tidbits in juice, undrained
- 1 (8-ounce) can sliced water chestnuts, undrained
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 3/4 to 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 3 medium carrots, scraped and sliced
- 4 green onions, diagonally cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (6-ounce) skinned, bone-in chicken breast halves
- 2 (4-ounce) skinned, bone-in chicken thighs
- calories 185
- fat 1.8 g
- satfat 0.4 g
- protein 14.7 g
- carbohydrate 29.9 g
- fiber 5.8 g
- cholesterol 39 mg
- iron 1.1 mg
- sodium 1037 mg
- calcium 25 mg
How to Make It
Drain pineapple and water chestnuts, reserving liquids. Add soy sauce and five-spice powder to liquids; stir well.
Place pineapple, water chestnuts, carrot, and green onions in a 3 1/2-quart slow cooker. Sprinkle salt and pepper over chicken; place chicken over vegetables. Pour liquid mixture over chicken. Cover and cook on high heat setting 1 hour; reduce heat to low setting, and cook 6 hours.
Remove chicken from bones, and shred meat. Add meat to vegetable mixture.