Slow-Cooker Green Chile Pork
Photo: Kate Sears; Styling: P.J. Mehaffey
More From Allyou
Amount per serving
- Calories: 424
- Fat: 20g
- Saturated fat: 6g
- Protein: 46g
- Carbohydrate: 14g
- Fiber: 2g
- Cholesterol: 154mg
- Sodium: 963mg
- 1 1/2 pounds poblano or Anaheim chiles (about 4 large)
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Salt and pepper
- 1 28-oz. can green enchilada sauce
- 4 tomatillos, husked and quartered
- Flour or corn tortillas for serving, optional
- 1. Place a rack 4 inches from heat source and preheat broiler to high. Place chiles in a single layer on a baking sheet. Broil until skin is blackened, 6 to 7 minutes, turning occasionally. Place in a large bowl; seal with plastic wrap. Let stand until skin has softened, about 7 minutes. Peel, seed and roughly chop chiles. Use immediately or refrigerate overnight in a ziplock bag.
- 2. Season pork with salt and pepper. Place in a slow cooker. Add chiles, enchilada sauce and tomatillos; turn to coat.
- 3. Cover and cook on low until meat is fork-tender, 6 to 7 hours. Remove pork to a baking dish and shred with two forks. Tilt slow cooker and spoon off some fat. Place pork back in slow cooker, cover and rewarm on high heat. Season with salt and pepper; serve with tortillas, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note