I read the reviews this morning and thought, how bad could it be? It was terrible - don't make this. I used some extra salt for additional flavour and while chopping the tarragon still thought at least that would make it tasty. I'm not one to leave food (ever!), but tonight was the first time I had to just leave it. (My potatoes came out fine, but the chicken tasted bitter). It was just suggested to me to put mayo on top to make it taste better - maybe I'll finish it after all - but would never ever make this again.
Slow Cooker Chicken with Tarragon and Leeks
More From Health
Amount per serving
- Calories: 512
- Fat: 13g
- Saturated fat: 4g
- Monounsaturated fat: 5g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 3g
- Protein: 38g
- Carbohydrate: 50g
- Fiber: 8g
- Cholesterol: 102mg
- Iron: 5mg
- Sodium: 187mg
- Calcium: 138mg
- 1 1/2 pounds baby new potatoes (about 16)
- 8 skinless bone-in chicken thighs (1 1/2 pounds)
- 3 leeks (white and light green parts only), halved lengthwise, rinsed, and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 1/2 cup low-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1. Place potatoes in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken, leeks, wine, and salt.
- 2. Cover; cook on high for 3–4 hours or on low for 6–7 hours until chicken and potatoes are tender.
- 3. Transfer chicken and all but 4 potatoes evenly to plates. Use a fork to smash remaining potatoes into cooking liquid.
- 4. Add peas, milk, and yogurt; cook for about 10 minutes or just until heated through. Spoon over chicken, and sprinkle with tarragon.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note