Although the chicken was very tender, it may have been the most bland chicken dish I have ever made. I followed the recipe as written, even added more veggies. Terrible. Will need to come up with something to make the leftovers edible so it doesn't go to waste.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Thighs
Photo: Lee Harrelson; Styling: Jan Gautro, Laura Martin
Yield: Makes 6 servings
More From Southern Living Cooking School
- 1 medium onion, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 medium-size new potatoes (about 1 pound), cut into 1-inch-thick wedges
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 6 bone-in, skinless chicken thighs
- 1. Place onion in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; top with potatoes and carrots. Combine broth, next 3 ingredients, 3/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Pour broth mixture over vegetables. Combine paprika, remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt, and remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper; rub evenly over chicken thighs. Arrange chicken on top of vegetables.
- 2. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour; reduce heat to LOW, and cook 6 to 7 hours or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This