Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
"You can call this soup or chili, but either way it is wonderful! This recipe is also very adaptable to your personal taste. I recommend using Bill Echols' Taco Seasoning from this website. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if you like. I hope you enjoy!" — RaisinKane aka Patti
- 1 Onion chopped
- 1-16 ounce(s) can of chili beans
- 1-15 ounce(s) can of black beans
- 2-10 can of tomatoes and chilies undrained
- 1-15 ounce(s) can whole kernel corn drained
- 1-8 ounce(s) tomato sauce
- 1 package(s) Taco seasoning
- 1-12 ounce(s) Beer
- 3 whole(s) chicken breasts
- Cheddar cheese shredded
- sour cream
- Tortilla chips
- 1. Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of the mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- 2.Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled, shred. Stir the shredded chicken back into the soup, and continue cooking for 2 hours. Serve topped with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by HamiltonSR and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note