This is recipe Carol Bickford sent and said it was really good. She added more green chilis
Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Soup
Recipe is from allrecipes.com Submitted by RaisinKane aka Patti A hearty combination of beans, corn, tomatoes, and taco seasonings, slow cooked with shredded chicken. Deliciously finished, if you like, with Cheddar cheese, sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips. Made mostly of canned ingredients, this tasty soup let's the slow cooker do the work so you don't have to.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 can(s) (16 ounce) chili beans
- 1 can(s) (15 ounce) black beans
- 1 can(s) (15 ounce) whole kernel corn Drained
- 1 can(s) (8 ounce) tomato sauce
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can or bottle beer
- 2 can(s) (10 ounce) diced tomatoes with green chillies Undrained
- 1 (1.25 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 3 Whole skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- Shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- Sour cream (optional)
- Crushed tortilla chips (optional)
- Place the onion, chili beans, black beans, corn, tomato sauce, beer, and diced tomatoes in a slow cooker. Add taco seasoning, and stir to blend. Lay chicken breasts on top of mixture, pressing down slightly until just covered by the other ingredients. Set the slow cooker for low heat, cover, and cook for 5 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts from the soup, and allow to cool long enough to be handled. Shred the chicken and stir it back into the soup, and continue cooking for for 2 hours. Serve topped with with shredded Cheddar cheese, a dollop of sour cream, and crushed tortilla chips, if desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by MaryannWimberly and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note