Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Stew
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breast halves cut into cubes
- 10 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 8 ounce(s) baby carrots
- 1 cup(s) celery chopped
- 2 can(s) condensed cream of chicken soup, 26 ounce
- 4 cube(s) chicken bouillon
- 2 teaspoon(s) garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) celery salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) black pepper
- 1 bag(s) frozen mixed vegetables (16 oz)
- Combine the chicken, potatoes, carrots, celery, chicken soup, chicken bouillon, garlic salt, celery salt, and black pepper in a slow cooker; cook on High for 5 hours.
- Stir the frozen mixed vegetables into the slow cooker, and cook 1 hour more.
- From reviewer: HELPFUL HINTS TO MAKE THIS 5 STARS: This is a recipe that can be changed 100 different ways and still turn out good. Important thing to note is you absolutely positively do not need to add the bouillon cubes. Well, let me rephrase... 1 chicken bc does taste fine w/o being salty when you add the potatoes. If I use grand biscuits which I recommend to serve with this, I do not add potatoes. Kinda overdone on the carbs. If I do add potatoes, DEFINITELY add 1 can of chicken broth and this is the only time I would consider adding a tsp of garlic salt to flavor the potatoes a bit. I added lots of fresh garlic. You also can omit the celery and baby carrots if you don't have them. My bag of mixed veggies always have carrots in them. The black pepper should really be reduced to 1/2t unless you like tasting black pepper in every bite. I also recommend adding 2-3t of mrs. dash or equivalent or it will be very bland as the chicken has no flavor. If you use frozen chicken breasts, just add 1 more hour to the cooking time. This tastes wonderful. Can also be served over noodles. :) Oh, and I always cook this in the crockpot on low not high. My thawed chicken is always done in 4-5 hours on low, and I found the frozen veggies needed 1.5 to get soft.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by sdwoodfin and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note