Slow-Cooker Chicken Posole
Quick and easy delicious chicken meal.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 15 ounce(s) can yellow or white hominy, drained
- 14.5 ounce(s) can Mexican style diced tomatoes
- 10 ounce(s) can mild green enchilada sauce
- 2 carrots diced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 clove(s) garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoon(s) cumin
- 5 chicken thighs, skin removed
- Combine hominy, tomatoes, enchilada sauce, carrots, onion, garlic and cumin in a 4-quart slow cooker. Add chicken, and stir to comine. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 3 1/2 hours until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Skim and discard any fat. Remove chicken; pull meat off bones and shred. Stir back into slow cooker mixture. Serve with lime wedges and tortilla chips. Can also add chopped cilantro.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Recipeapp and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow-Cooker Chicken Posole Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews