Love this recipe! Very easy and delicious. I use skinless and boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts. Also, I use sweet paprika instead of smoked paprika. Serve over fresh, buttered egg noodles for a really yummy dinner!
Slow Cooker Chicken Paprikash
This slow cooker chicken paprikash is a great choice for busy weeknights - just toss the ingredients together in your slow cooker in the morning and let it cook all day long. Serve with egg noodles, orzo, rice, or mashed potatoes.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 316
- Calories from fat: 25%
- Fat: 8.8g
- Saturated fat: 4.5g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.2g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 40.6g
- Carbohydrate: 17.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Cholesterol: 114mg
- Iron: 2.3mg
- Sodium: 627mg
- Calcium: 123mg
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded carrot
- 2 tablespoons Hungarian sweet paprika
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 1/4 cups reduced-fat sour cream
- Combine flour and chicken in a medium bowl; toss well. Add chicken mixture, chopped onion, and the next 8 ingredients (through mushrooms) to an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Stir in sour cream.
Use preshredded carrots to speed up preparation.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note