Slow-Cooker Chicken, Fennel, and White Bean Soup
Community Recipe from
- boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 lbs)
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 1 3/4 pounds total)
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 4 carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1 large fennel bulb, chopped, plus 2 tablespoons chopped fennel fronds
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 cup dried white beans (such as cannellini or navy)
- 2 dried bay leaves
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 cup ditalini, orzo, or another small pasta
- country bread, for serving
- In a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken, broth, carrots, celery, fennel, onion, beans, bay leaves, 1½ teaspoons salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Cover and cook until the beans and vegetables are tender and the chicken is cooked through, on low for 7 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Twenty minutes before serving, transfer the chicken to a medium bowl; discard the bay leaves. If the slow cooker is on the low setting, turn it to high. Add the pasta, cover, and cook until tender, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, using 2 forks, shred the chicken. When the pasta is cooked, stir the chicken into the soup. Sprinkle with the fennel fronds and serve with the bread.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by acrane and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow-Cooker Chicken, Fennel, and White Bean Soup Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Soups/Stews
More Recipes for Main Dishes