Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Stack
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 teaspoon(s) canola oil
- 1 cup(s) onion chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) poblano chile seeded,chopped
- 2 clove(s) garlic minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) chipotle chile powder
- 1 -14.5 ounce(s) no-salt-added diced tomatoes drained
- 1 -8 ounce(s) can tomato sauce with basil,garlic,oregano
- 2 cup(s) shredded rotisserie chicken breast
- 1 cup(s) baby white and yellow corn frozen
- 1 -15 ounce(s) black beans rinsed,drained
- 5 8 inch corn and flour blend
- 8 ounce(s) reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese shredded
- 1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, poblano chile, and garlic to pan, cook 6 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- 2. Stir in chile powder, tomatoes and tomato sauce. Place half the tomato mixture in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid in case of splatters. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl. Repeat procedure with remaining tomato mixture.
- 3. Coat a 5 qt. slow cooker with cooking spray. place 3 T. of the tomato mixture in bottom of slow cooker. Combine remaining mixture , chicken , corn and beans.
- 4. Place 1 tortilla on sauce in slow cooker, pour 1 cup chicken mixture over tortilla, and sprinkle with cheese. Top with another tortilla. Repeat procedure with remaining chicken mixture, tortillas, cheese. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 hours until lightly browned. Garnish with cilantro. Cut into 8 wedges.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by reedcheryla and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note