- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 red bell peppers, chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced cremini mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 (28-oz.) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes, drained
- 2 skinned, bone-in chicken breasts (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 2 skinned, bone-in chicken leg quarters (about 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 (16-oz.) box spaghetti
- 1 1/2 cups pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Garnishes: fresh basil, fresh parsley, shaved fresh Parmesan cheese
How to Make It
Place first 5 ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker; stir in salt, crushed red pepper, and black pepper. Whisk together tomato paste and wine, and add to slow cooker. Add drained tomatoes and chicken. Cover and cook on LOW 8 hours.
Uncover and carefully remove chicken from slow cooker, using tongs. Increase slow cooker temperature to HIGH. Cover and cook tomato mixture 30 more minutes or until sauce thickens to desired consistency.
Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Remove chicken meat from bones; discard bones. Shred meat. Stir olives and next 2 ingredients into sauce. Serve immediately over spaghetti.