Delicious! The chicken fell right off the bone, very tender. I will definitely make again.
Slow-Cooker Chicken Cacciatore
This slow-cooker version of the classic Italian chicken dish is perfect for busy weeknights. Cook the chicken in the slow cooker, then serve over cooked noodles or rice.
Yield: Serves 4 to 6
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 3 to 4 pounds bone-in chicken thighs
- Two 6-ounce cans tomato paste
- Two 4-ounce cans sliced mushrooms
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 to 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon celery powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 1. Layer onion over bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Add chicken pieces to cooker. Combine next 12 ingredients and red pepper, if using; pour over chicken in cooker. Cover and cook on Low 7 to 9 hours or on High 3 to 4 hours.
- 2. Serve over pasta or rice.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note