Slow-Cooker Cheese Grits
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Simplify your morning: Soak the grits the night before.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 cups uncooked stone-ground grits
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Stir together grits and 6 cups water in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes, allowing grits to settle to bottom. Tilt slow cooker slightly, and skim off solids using a fine wire-mesh strainer. Cover and soak 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Cover and cook grits on HIGH 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in cream and remaining ingredients. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note