Slow-Cooker Cheese Grits
Photo: Iain Bagwell; Styling: Heather Chadduck
Simplify your morning: Soak the grits the night before.
Yield: Makes 8 servings
More From Southern Living
Total: 10 Hours, 10 Minutes
- 2 cups uncooked stone-ground grits
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Stir together grits and 6 cups water in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. Let stand 1 to 2 minutes, allowing grits to settle to bottom. Tilt slow cooker slightly, and skim off solids using a fine wire-mesh strainer. Cover and soak 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Cover and cook grits on HIGH 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes, stirring halfway through. Stir in cream and remaining ingredients. Serve with desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Breakfast/Brunch