- 2 pounds yellow onions, sliced, caramelized (yields 1 cup final)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 Yukon potatoes, sliced (1/8-inch thick)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup Cyrstal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Recommended Crystal Farms Product Substitution: Crystal Farms Shredded Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar Cheese
How to Make It
Heat a sauté pan on medium heat and add a tablesppon of oil. Add the onions and cook until they are caramelized or browned, stirring occasionally. Cook time for onions is about 15 minutes.
Line the bottom of the slow cooker with the caramelized onions.
Thinly slice the potatoes and layer in the slow cooker.
Pour the cream evenly over the top of the potatoes and season with salt and pepper.
Top with shredded Cheddar cheese.
Cook on high for 2 hours. After 2 hours, turn to warm until ready to serve.