Absolutely delicious!! My six year old old me he wants it twice a week! Highly recommend, without changes. I would add chili's if you wanted to add heat, but the flavor is very nice without it!
Char Siu Pork Roast
In this recipe for Char Siu, the Chinese version of barbecue, the pork is cooked in the slow-cooker for an extra tender, juicy, and stress-free meal. Serve with sticky or long-grain white rice and a steamed or stir-fried medley of bell peppers, carrots, snow peas, sliced baby corn, and water chestnuts.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 227
- Calories from fat: 38%
- Fat: 9.5g
- Saturated fat: 3.1g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.9g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 1.1g
- Protein: 21.6g
- Carbohydrate: 12.7g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Cholesterol: 73mg
- Iron: 1.7mg
- Sodium: 561mg
- Calcium: 30mg
- 1/4 cup lower-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1 (2-pound) boneless pork shoulder (Boston butt), trimmed
- 1/2 cup fat-free, lower-sodium chicken broth
- Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Place in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add pork to bag; seal. Marinate in refrigerator at least 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Place pork and marinade in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove pork from slow cooker using a slotted spoon; place on a cutting board or work surface. Cover with aluminum foil; keep warm.
- Add broth to sauce in slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 30 minutes or until sauce thickens. Shred pork with 2 forks; serve with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This