Slow Cooker Carnitas
Community Recipe from
- 3-4 pound(s) Pork tenderloin or loin roast
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth Or 1/2 broth or 1/2 tequila
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) Smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 2 Bay leaves
- Place the meat and broth in the slow cooker and cover with the SPICES.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours, or until the pork shreds easily ( up to 8 hours).
- Remove from slow cooker, reserve the liquid and shred the meat with a fork.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Place the meat on a baking sheet and crisp briefly in a 400 oven to reach desired texture. Moisten with cooking liquid as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by klennon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes