Slow Cooker Carnitas
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3-4 pound(s) Pork tenderloin or loin roast
- 1 cup(s) chicken broth Or 1/2 broth or 1/2 tequila
- 1 teaspoon(s) Salt
- 1 tablespoon(s) garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon(s) Onion powder
- 2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon(s) Smoked Spanish paprika
- 2 teaspoon(s) Mexican oregano
- 1 teaspoon(s) Ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) Cinnamon
- 2 Bay leaves
- Place the meat and broth in the slow cooker and cover with the SPICES.
- Cook on high for about 4 hours, or until the pork shreds easily ( up to 8 hours).
- Remove from slow cooker, reserve the liquid and shred the meat with a fork.
- Discard bay leaves.
- Place the meat on a baking sheet and crisp briefly in a 400 oven to reach desired texture. Moisten with cooking liquid as desired.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by klennon and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note