I had to modify the recipe a bit but it turned out fantastic. I used about a cup and a half of wine and added a little flour to thicken it up. Fantastic :) It turned out well, even though it was on HIGH for 5 hours instead of LOW for 8 hours...
Slow-cooker Burgundy Beef Tips
This recipe calls for baby portobellos, but your favorite sliced mushrooms will work just fine. Serve the beef tips over hot cooked egg noodles or rice tossed with parsley.
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds beef sirloin tips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (8-oz.) package sliced fresh baby portobello mushrooms
- 1 (10 3/4-oz.) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (1-oz.) envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Stir together beef tips and remaining ingredients in a lightly greased 5-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Cover and cook on HIGH 4 hours or until beef is tender, stirring once after 2 hours.
- Note: Though we love the hands-off advantage of the slow cooker, this recipe works better when you can stay close by to stir it occasionally. Stirring prevents sticking and distributes ingredients evenly.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note