Slow Cooker Brown Sugar & Garlic Chicken
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 2 pound(s) chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup(s) brown sugar
- 2/3 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup(s) sprite
- 1-1/2 tablespoon(s) minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 2 tablespoon(s) corn starch
- 2 tablespoon(s) red pepper flakes optional
- Spray slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken (frozen, thawed or fresh) inside slow cooker. Mix together brown sugar, vinegar, soda, garlic, soy sauce, and pepper together. Pour over chicken. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours. Take chicken pieces out of slow cooker (mine basically fell apart)
- Pour remaining sauce into saucepan and place over high heat. Mix together corn starch and water, pour into saucepan, and mix well. Let sauce come to a boil and boil for 2-3 minutes, or until it starts to thicken and turns into a glaze. Remove from heat and let sit for a minute or two (it will continue to thicken as it cools down).
- Sprinkle red pepper flakes on top if desired. This can be served over rice or noodles, but we had ours with a baked potato on the side (It's good on top of the potato too!)
This recipe is a personal recipe added by ChristyR93 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooker Brown Sugar & Garlic Chicken Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes