I loved this recipe! The only changes I made were, slow cooking it on high for 3 hours then I took the bratwurst out and browned them on the stove, put back into the crockpot for another 30 minutes. I will definitely make this again!!
Slow-Cooker Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and Apples
Simmer bratwurst in the slow cooker along with sauerkraut, apple, mustard and brown sugar to add rich, deep flavor to the sausages. Serve on buns for a hearty main dish.
More From Allyou
: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 1497mg
- 8 bratwurst links
- 1 16-oz. package sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1. Place bratwurst links in slow cooker and top with sauerkraut, apples and onion. Sprinkle with brown sugar and caraway seeds. Cover and cook on low until bratwurst reaches 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer, 3 to 4 hours.
- 2. Spread 1 Tbsp. mustard on each hot dog bun. Spoon some sauerkraut mixture on buns, top each with a sausage and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note