This is really great. The brats come out juicy and delicious and the sauerkraut is so tasty. I think I'll try using something more substantial than a regular hot dog bun next time as the brats are big and wet.
Slow-Cooker Bratwurst with Sauerkraut and Apples
Simmer bratwurst in the slow cooker along with sauerkraut, apple, mustard and brown sugar to add rich, deep flavor to the sausages. Serve on buns for a hearty main dish.
More From Allyou
: 5 Minutes
- Calories: 470
- Fat: 27g
- Saturated fat: 9g
- Protein: 18g
- Carbohydrate: 36g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Sodium: 1497mg
- 8 bratwurst links
- 1 16-oz. package sauerkraut, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 1/2-inch dice
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 cup mustard
- 8 hot dog buns
- 1. Place bratwurst links in slow cooker and top with sauerkraut, apples and onion. Sprinkle with brown sugar and caraway seeds. Cover and cook on low until bratwurst reaches 165ºF on an instant-read thermometer, 3 to 4 hours.
- 2. Spread 1 Tbsp. mustard on each hot dog bun. Spoon some sauerkraut mixture on buns, top each with a sausage and serve.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note