Slow Cooker Boston Butt
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 - 4 to 5 pound(s) Boston Butt
- 1 - 15 ounce(s) Can (or 1 whole) pineapple
- 1 tablespoon(s) chili powder, paprika, garlic powder, salt, celery salt, basil
- 2 large sweet onions
- 1 teaspoon(s) crushed black pepper
- 1/4 cup(s) apple cider vinegar
- 2 cup(s) barbecue sauce (optional - no high fructose corn syrup)
- Thinly slice onions and place in bottom of a 6-quart or larger slow-cooker.
- Rinse the boston butt and place on top of the onions.
- Sprinkle with spices and pour the whole can of pineapple juice over it. If using fresh pineapple, peel core and thin chop the pineapple and place over pork.
- Put lid on crock pot and cook on low for 10-12 hours or until fork tender. Don’t open until at least 8 hours and then check for tenderness.
- Shred with two forks to make pulled pork and top with barbecue sauce if using…
This recipe is a personal recipe added by healthyNfast and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note