- 4 slices raw bacon, cut into strips
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 quart chicken broth
- 1 bottle lager beer
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 ounces Crystal Farms American Cheese Slices
- 2 cups Crystal Farms Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Recommended Crystal Farms Product Substitution: Crystal Farms Reduced Fat Medium Cheddar Cheese
How to Make It
Cook bacon in a sauté pan over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon with a slotted spoon and reserve on a clean paper towel.
Add bacon fat, onion, celery, carrot, flour, chicken broth and beer to the slow cooker and cook on high heat for 6-8 hours.
Add the cream, American Cheese, shredded Cheddar cheese and bacon, and mix until the cheeses are melted.