I like it. Not too spicy - tacos are dressed up with other things like cheese, lettuce, oniions and taco sauce.
Slow-cooker Beef Tacos
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 small white onion
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream
- 1. Sprinkle beef evenly with salt.
- 2. Cook beef, in batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove beef, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Add 1 Tbsp. chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add 2 cups beef broth, and stir, scraping bits from bottom of Dutch oven. Return beef to Dutch oven, and stir.
- 3. Place beef mixture in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add onion and next 4 ingredients. Cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes