I like it. Not too spicy - tacos are dressed up with other things like cheese, lettuce, oniions and taco sauce.
Slow-cooker Beef Tacos
Brown the meat in a Dutch oven, then let the slow-cooker work its magic as the rich spices meld. You can also serve the versatile, tender beef over baked potatoes instead of in soft tortilla shells.
More From Southern Living
- 2 pounds boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 (6-oz.) can tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 small white onion
- 1 (8-oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 medium-size green bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Flour or corn tortillas, warmed
- Toppings: shredded Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese, sour cream
- 1. Sprinkle beef evenly with salt.
- 2. Cook beef, in batches, in hot oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove beef, reserving drippings in Dutch oven. Add 1 Tbsp. chili powder to Dutch oven; cook, stirring constantly, 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste, and cook, stirring constantly, 2 minutes. Add 2 cups beef broth, and stir, scraping bits from bottom of Dutch oven. Return beef to Dutch oven, and stir.
- 3. Place beef mixture in a 4 1/2-quart slow cooker. Add onion and next 4 ingredients. Cook on HIGH 4 hours or on LOW 6 hours or until beef is tender. Serve with warm tortillas and desired toppings.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note