Excellent dish! Terrific over egg noodles.
Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless beef round steak, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- .9-oz. pkg. onion-mushroom soup mix
- 8-oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8-oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Garnish: minced fresh parsley
- Brown meat in one tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Combine flour and seasonings in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Place browned meat and mixture from pan on top; toss to coat. Add mushroom soup and soup mix; stir until blended. Stir in mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on high setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low setting 6 to 7 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream; cover and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles tossed with butter; sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes