Excellent dish! Terrific over egg noodles.
Slow-Cooker Beef Stroganoff
Thanks to your slow cooker, a memorable meal doesn’t require hours in the kitchen on your part…just the slow cooker’s.
"A scrumptious dinner that cooks all by itself while you tend to the household, shop or just take it easy!" —Jacque
- 1 3/4 pounds boneless beef round steak, cubed
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1/2 cup red wine or beef broth
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 10 3/4-oz. can cream of mushroom soup
- .9-oz. pkg. onion-mushroom soup mix
- 8-oz. pkg. sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 8-oz. pkg. wide egg noodles, cooked
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- Garnish: minced fresh parsley
- Brown meat in one tablespoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat 8 to 10 minutes. Add wine or broth to pan, stirring to loosen particles from bottom of pan. Combine flour and seasonings in a 3- to 4-quart slow cooker. Place browned meat and mixture from pan on top; toss to coat. Add mushroom soup and soup mix; stir until blended. Stir in mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on high setting 3 to 3 1/2 hours or on low setting 6 to 7 hours or until meat is tender. Stir in sour cream; cover and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve over noodles tossed with butter; sprinkle with parsley, if desired.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note