Slow Cooker Beef Stew
Donna Wenger: Little Rock, AK Taste of Home website
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 can(s) (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup(s) beef broth
- 2 pound(s) beef top round steak, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 8 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) dried thyme
- 1/3 cup(s) dry red wine or additional beef broth
- 1 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 pound(s) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 pound(s) small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 6-oz. can(s) tomato paste
- 1. In a large skillet, brown beef on all sides. In a 5-qt. slow cooker, combine carrots, potatoes and mushrooms. Pour tomatoes over the top.
- 2. In a small bowl, whisk the flour, tomato paste and broth until smooth. Stir in wine, salt, garlic, pepper and thyme, then pour into slow cooker. Top with beef.
- 3. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or until meat is tender.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note