Slow Cooker Beef Stew
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1 med = 1/2 cup)
- 2 cups baby carrots (2 cups = about 8 oz)
- 2 cups sliced celery
- 1 pound red potatoes, unpeeled, cubed
- 2 pounds pounds beef stew meat, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 can (6 oz each) Hunt's Tomato Paste
- Hands On: 20 minutes
Total: 8 hours 30 minutes
1. Place onions evenly on bottom of 3 1/2-quart or larger slow cooker. Top with layers of carrots, celery, potatoes and meat; sprinkle with thyme. Pour diced tomatoes with their juice and the water over meat. Cover slow cooker with lid.
2. Cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours (or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours), or until meat is tender.
3. Stir in tomato paste; cover. Cook an additional 10 minutes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note