Waste of time. Other than a bad taste from the ketchup the roast had no flavor. After it was made I tried to 'patch' it with garlic and salt but it was too late. I threw the whole thing out.
Slow-Cooker Beef Pot Roast
More From Oxmoor House
- Calories: 228
- Calories from fat: 31%
- Fat: 8g
- Saturated fat: 2g
- Monounsaturated fat: 3.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.1g
- Protein: 31.3g
- Carbohydrate: 7.4g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 89mg
- Iron: 4.2mg
- Sodium: 397mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced mushrooms
- 1 (8-ounce) container refrigerated prechopped green bell pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds boneless shoulder pot roast
- 1. Place mushrooms and bell pepper in a 3 1/2- to 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Combine ketchup and next 4 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring until blended.
- 3. Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan and roast with cooking spray. Cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place roast over vegetables in cooker; pour ketchup mixture over roast. Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW; cook 6 to 7 hours or until roast is very tender. Serve vegetables and sauce over roast.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note