This is the most awesome recipe I have ever tasted for a brisket. Even my children loved it plus it was sooooooo easy and quick. Thank you so much for sharing.
Beef Brisket with Beer
Beef brisket is at its best when you simmer it in a slow cooker and flavor it with beer and onions.
More From Cooking Light
- Calories: 160
- Calories from fat: 28%
- Fat: 5g
- Saturated fat: 1.9g
- Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.2g
- Protein: 20.5g
- Carbohydrate: 5.6g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Cholesterol: 49mg
- Iron: 1.9mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Calcium: 20mg
- 1 (3-pound) beef brisket, trimmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups vertically sliced onion (about 1 large)
- 1 1/2 cups chopped parsnip (about 2)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (12-ounce) bottle light beer
- Rub brisket with salt and pepper. Heat a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add brisket to pan; cook 10 minutes, browning on all sides. Remove brisket from the pan. Add 1/4 cup water to pan, stirring to loosen browned bits. Add onion and parsnip; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place onion mixture, vinegar, bay leaf, and beer in a large electric slow cooker. Place brisket on top of onion mixture. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Discard bay leaf. Cut brisket diagonally across the grain into thin slices. Serve with sauce.
MyRecipes is working with Let's Move!, the Partnership for a Healthier America, and USDA's MyPlate to give anyone looking for healthier options access to a trove of recipes that will help them create healthy, tasty plates. For more information about creating a healthy plate, visit www.choosemyplate.gov.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note