Delicious! I added a bottle of beer which I got from another recipe. The beef was really tender and the cilantro and other toppings gave it great zing.
Slow-cooker Beef Brisket
More From Southern Living
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded Mexican cheese blend, sour cream, salsa, chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
- 1. Place first 3 ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
- 2. Trim fat from brisket; cut brisket into 3-inch pieces. Rub brisket pieces evenly with 2 tsp. salt and 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder, and place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Top with 1 cup cilantro.
- 3. Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours or until brisket pieces shred easily with a fork.
- 4. Remove brisket from slow cooker, and cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred meat into bite-size pieces. Serve in flour tortillas with desired toppings and lime wedges.
Select a brisket that is uniform in thickness to make shredding the meat easier.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes