- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1 (2- to 3-lb.) beef brisket
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle powder
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh cilantro
- Flour tortillas
- Toppings: shredded Mexican cheese blend, sour cream, salsa, chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges
How to Make It
Place first 3 ingredients in a 6-qt. slow cooker.
Trim fat from brisket; cut brisket into 3-inch pieces. Rub brisket pieces evenly with 2 tsp. salt and 1 1/2 tsp. chipotle powder, and place on top of vegetables in slow cooker. Top with 1 cup cilantro.
Cover and cook on HIGH 6 to 8 hours or until brisket pieces shred easily with a fork.
Remove brisket from slow cooker, and cool slightly. Using 2 forks, shred meat into bite-size pieces. Serve in flour tortillas with desired toppings and lime wedges.
Select a brisket that is uniform in thickness to make shredding the meat easier.