- 4 pounds beef stew meat, cubed
- 2 (8-ounce) cans tomato sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 12 sandwich buns
How to Make It
Place beef in 5-quart slow cooker. Combine tomato sauce, next 5 ingredients, and if desired, cinnamon and cloves; pour over beef. Cook at LOW for 9 hours.
Remove beef from slow cooker; shred with two forks. Return beef to slow cooker, and stir into sauce. Serve on buns.