Slow Cooker Beef and Barley
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless beef chuck
- 1 cup(s) pearl barley
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms quartered
- 4 stalk(s) celery quartered
- 6 bunch(es) carrots quartered
- 2 head(s) leeks sliced
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 4 cup(s) low-salt beef broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- kosher salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Add 1 cup water. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Uncover. Skim any fat from the surface. Transfer the beef to a cutting board. Let cool slightly. Slice or shred into bite size pieces.
- Divide barley vegetable mixture among bowls. Top with beef.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SCarruthers and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note