Slow Cooker Beef and Barley
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 pound(s) boneless beef chuck
- 1 cup(s) pearl barley
- 1/2 pound(s) mushrooms quartered
- 4 stalk(s) celery quartered
- 6 bunch(es) carrots quartered
- 2 head(s) leeks sliced
- 1 sprig(s) thyme
- 4 cup(s) low-salt beef broth
- 1 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- kosher salt and pepper
- Combine all the ingredients in a slow cooker. Add 1 cup water. Cover and cook on low 8 hours.
- Uncover. Skim any fat from the surface. Transfer the beef to a cutting board. Let cool slightly. Slice or shred into bite size pieces.
- Divide barley vegetable mixture among bowls. Top with beef.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by SCarruthers and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes