Very good. Messy to serve. I'm not a big fan of the crockpot so I think I would bake instead which would also make serving easier.
Slow-Cooker Bean and Spinach Enchiladas
For an easy change of flavor, substitute 1½ cups shredded rotisserie chicken for the beans. Recipe by Charlyne Mattox, February 2012; from the Real Simple website: http://www.realsimple.com/food-recipes/browse-all-recipes/bean-spinach-enchiladas-00100000074133.
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 1 15 1/2-ounce can(s) black beans, rinsed
- 1 10-ounce package(s) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed of excess liquid
- 1 cup(s) frozen corn
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
- 8 ounce(s) sharp Cheddar, grated (2 cups)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 16-ounce jar(s) salsa (3 1/2 cups)
- 8 6-inch corn tortillas, warmed
- 1 medium head(s) romaine lettuce, chopped (6 cups)
- 4 radishes, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 cup(s) grape tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cucumber, halved and sliced
- 3 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoon(s) olive oil
- Sliced scallions, for serving
- 1. In a medium bowl, mash half the beans. Add the spinach, corn, cumin, 1 cup of the Cheddar, the remaining beans, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper and mix to combine.
- 2. Spread 1 jar of the salsa in the bottom of a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker. Dividing evenly, roll up the bean mixture in the tortillas (about ½ cup each) and place the rolls seam-side down in a single layer in the slow cooker. Top with the remaining salsa and Cheddar.
- 3. Cover and cook until heated through, on low for 2½ to 3 hours.
- 4. Before serving, toss the lettuce, radishes, tomatoes, and cucumber in a large bowl with the lime juice, oil, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the enchiladas and sprinkle with the scallions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by psfreeman and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note