My husband and I do E-Mealz and this one a recipe for the week that I knew had been in Southern Living too. I put the butt in the slow cooker for 10 hours on low instead of 8 hours on high. It was so good! The leftovers were even better!
Slow-Cooker BBQ Pork
More From Southern Living
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) shoulder pork roast
- 1 (18-ounce) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-ounce) can cola soft drink
- Place pork roast in a 6-quart slow cooker; pour barbecue sauce and cola over roast.
- Cover and cook on high 8 hours or until meat is tender and shreds easily.
- Note: For testing purposes only, we used Kraft Original Barbecue Sauce.
If you don't have a slow cooker, place roast in a lightly greased Dutch oven; stir together barbecue sauce and cola, and pour over roast. Before placing the lid on top of the Dutch oven, cover it with a double layer of aluminum foil. Bake, tightly covered, at 325° for 3 hours and 30 minutes or until tender. Serve on buns with slaw or over hot toasted cornbread. Reduce the fat but not the flavor in this juicy cut of pork by preparing a day ahead. Cool the barbecue, and refrigerate overnight. Remove and discard any solidified fat before reheating.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note