SO YUMMY! I now have a new favorite crockpot dish. I used Dr. Pepper and Sweet Baby Ray's original sauce, and I will definitely make this again. I didn't serve coleslaw, but I did do sweet potato wedge fries (toss wedges with olive oil, salt, pepper, and just a little bit of cayenne pepper) and mixed veggies.
Slow Cooker Barbecue Pork
Photo: Jennifer Davick; Styling: Lydia Pursell
More From Southern Living
8 Hours, 5 Minutes
- 1 (3- to 4-lb.) boneless pork shoulder roast (Boston butt), trimmed
- 1 (18-oz.) bottle barbecue sauce
- 1 (12-oz.) can cola soft drink
- 1. Place roast in a lightly greased 6-qt. slow cooker; pour barbecue sauce and cola over roast. Cover and cook on LOW 8 to 10 hours or until meat shreds easily with a fork.
- 2. Transfer pork to a cutting board; shred with two forks, removing any large pieces of fat. Skim fat from sauce, and stir in shredded pork.
- Note: We tested with Cattleman's Original Barbecue Sauce.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note