Both my kids are picky eaters and this is one recipe that they really LOVE! Thanks :)
Slow-Cooker Barbecue Chicken
Slow-cook chicken breasts in a mixture of bottled barbecue sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce for a tender, sweet, and tangy barbecue chicken that’s great on a bun or even over a baked potato.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 166
- Fat: 3g
- Saturated fat: 1g
- Protein: 17g
- Carbohydrate: 15g
- Fiber: 0.0g
- Cholesterol: 47mg
- Sodium: 463mg
- 24 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian dressing
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
- 1. Put chicken in slow cooker. In a bowl, combine barbecue sauce, dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 5 hours.
- 2. Remove chicken to a cutting board and shred with 2 forks. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and chicken broth. Stir into sauce in slow cooker, cover and cook until sauce is thickened and heated through, 5 to 10 minutes. Return chicken to cooker, stir, cover and continue cooking on low for 45 minutes. Serve chicken on whole-grain buns, over brown rice or with baked potatoes if you like.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note