I gave this recipe a try because I love using my crock pot. I followed it to the letter except for cooking. The recipe said it would take 2-3 hours to cook. By accident I set it on low instead of high. I remembered this after it cooked for 2 hours. To my surprise it was done. But, upon tasting it, it was over done. The pasta was mushy and the entire recipe was starchy even though I used a brand name pasta. I can only imagine how it would have turned out if I had remembered to cook it on high. I won't be trying this again as I do not know where I went wrong. I will stick to using my oven for my baked ziti from now on.
Slow-Cooker Baked Ziti
You only need 6 ingredients for this slow-cooker vegetarian pasta recipe that's perfect for weeknight dinners. Two jars of marinara sauce and three kinds of cheese provide the satisfying flavor.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 671
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 88g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 1984mg
- 1 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ziti
- 2 25-oz. jars marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1. Combine all three cheeses and salt in a medium bowl. Rinse ziti under cold water in a colander, allowing some water to cling to pasta.
- 2. Mist inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place half of pasta in an even layer over bottom of cooker. Spoon half of sauce over pasta. Dot with half of cheese mixture and half of basil. Repeat with remaining pasta, sauce, cheese and basil. Pour in 2/3 cup water.
- 3. Cover and cook on high until pasta is tender, 2 to 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note