This is definitely a good, solid family meal. Our 6 year-old was found it absolutely delicious and inhaled her serving. It's easy to make, and perfect for those afternoons when life suddenly gets crazy because it only needs 3 hours in the crock pot. You can read my full review, which includes what I'd do different next time at: http://bit.ly/OJusaH
Slow-Cooker Baked Ziti
You only need 6 ingredients for this slow-cooker vegetarian pasta recipe that's perfect for weeknight dinners. Two jars of marinara sauce and three kinds of cheese provide the satisfying flavor.
More From Allyou
- Calories: 671
- Fat: 22g
- Saturated fat: 10g
- Protein: 33g
- Carbohydrate: 88g
- Fiber: 4g
- Cholesterol: 51mg
- Sodium: 1984mg
- 1 15-oz. container part-skim ricotta
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pound ziti
- 2 25-oz. jars marinara sauce
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1. Combine all three cheeses and salt in a medium bowl. Rinse ziti under cold water in a colander, allowing some water to cling to pasta.
- 2. Mist inside of slow cooker with cooking spray. Place half of pasta in an even layer over bottom of cooker. Spoon half of sauce over pasta. Dot with half of cheese mixture and half of basil. Repeat with remaining pasta, sauce, cheese and basil. Pour in 2/3 cup water.
- 3. Cover and cook on high until pasta is tender, 2 to 3 hours.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note