Slow-Cooker Bacon Jam from Cooking Light
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/2 pound(s) sliced bacon cut crosswise into 1" pieces
- 2 medium yellow onions diced small
- 3 clove(s) garlic smashed & peeled
- 1/2 cup(s) cider vingar
- 1/2 cup(s) packed dark-brown sugar
- 1/4 cup(s) pure maple syrup
- 3/4 cup(s) brewed coffee
- 1. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until fat is rendered and bacon is lightly browned, about 20 minutes. With a slotted spoon, transfer bacon to paper towels to drain. Pour off all but 1 tablespoon fat from skillet; add onions and garlic and cook until onions are translucent, about 6 minutes. Add vinegar, brown sugar, maple syrup and coffee and bring to a boil, stirring and scraping up browned bits from skillet with a wooden spoon, about 2 minutes. Add bacon and continue to stir.
- 2. Transfer mixture to a 6-quart slow cooker and cook on high, uncovered, until liquid is syrupy, 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Transfer to a food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped. Let cool; then refrigerate in airtight containers, up to 4 weeks.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by marybillingsley and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow-Cooker Bacon Jam from Cooking Light Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Sauces/Condiments