Excellent recipe and easy. My mother and I altered it to reduce the vinegar taste: 2 T. vinegar and 6 T. apple juice concentrate. Turns out perfect every time. Also, we used freshly gound nutmeg.
Slow Cooker Apple Butter
- 4 pounds cooking apples, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Place sliced apple and vinegar in a 4-quart slow cooker.
- Cook, covered, at HIGH 6 hours. Stir in sugars and nutmeg. Reduce setting to LOW; cook, covered, 4 hours. Cool. Store in refrigerator up to 1 week.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Sauces/Condiments