Slow-Cooked Pulled Pork
Photo: Gooseberry Patch
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 3-1/2 to 4-lb. boneless pork shoulder roast, tied
- 1 10 1/2 oz. can French onion soup
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 24 slices Texas toast or 12 sandwich rolls, split
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add roast and brown on all sides; remove to a large slow cooker and set aside. Mix soup, catsup, vinegar and brown sugar; pour over roast.
- Cover and cook on low setting for 8 to 10 hours, until roast is fork-tender. Remove roast to a platter; discard string and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Shred roast, using 2 forks; return to slow cooker and stir. Spoon meat and sauce onto bread slices or rolls.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes Like This