SLOW COOKED ORANGE PORK ROAST TACOS
- 1 (10-pound) bone-in pork shoulder, picnic cut
- CABBAGE SLAW, recipe follows
- 1 tablespoon(s) chopped garlic
- 1/4 cup(s) cider vinegar
- 20 corn tortillas
- 1 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) fresh ground black pepper
- 4 medium carrots, coarsely grated
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup(s) orange marmalade
- 1 head(s) red cabbage, shredded
- 2 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 2 tablespoon(s) soy sauce
- Place the onions in the bottom of a 5-quart cooker. Place the pork shoulder, fat and skin side up, in the slow cooker. In a medium bowl, stir together soy sauce, garlic, salt, pepper and orange marmalade. Pour mixture over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove shoulder to a serving platter and let rest for 5 minutes. Break up some of the meat with a fork and arrange on platter. Leave the rest of the meat on the bone to keep it warm and moist and let your guests pull it off as they need it.
- Wrap the tortillas in damp towels, 10 to a towel and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Set out pork and tortillas with Cabbage Slaw and have guests assemble their own tacos.
- CABBAGE SLAW:
- Combine shredded cabbage and grated carrots in a large bowl. Add vinegar, salt, and pepper and toss to combine. Cover with a damp towel and let sit in refrigerator for at least 1 hour or up to 8 hours. Use as topping for pulled pork tacos.
- Use the leftovers from this recipe to make Pulled Pork Sliders with Mustard BBQ Sauce and Picked Onions.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by recipes743 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
SLOW COOKED ORANGE PORK ROAST TACOS Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes