Slow Cooked Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup cream cheese with chives and onions (from an 8-ounce tub) OR 3 ounce piece of cream cheese, cubed,
- 1/4-1/2 cup milk
- 1. Halve or quarter potatoes as necessary to make similar size pieces.
- 2. Place in a 4 to 6 quart crock pot.
- 3. Add garlic, oil, salt and water; mix well to coat all potato pieces.
- 4. Cover and cook on HIGH for 3-1/2 to 4-1/2 hours or until potato pieces are tender.
- 5. With a fork or potato masher, mash potatoes and garlic.
- 6. Stir in cream cheese until well blended.
- 7. Stir in enough milk for soft serving consistency.
- 8. Serve immediately, or cover and hold in slow cooker on LOW setting for up to 2 hours.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by TBoroczk and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooked Garlic Smashed Red Potatoes Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Side Dishes/Vegetables