Slow cooked cast iron boston pork butt
Delicious pull apart pork
Share Your Personal Recipes
You can now share your personal recipes with the MyRecipes Community by making a new or existing recipe "Public".
Go to My Recipe File
- 3 pound(s) Pork butt preseasoned
- 2 cup(s) beef broth 2 cubes nuked until melted
- 1/2 cup(s) red wine
- Heat left side of grill to 200-250 degrees. I used a meat thermometer in the grill. Layer hickory chips in a foil pie pan and cover well with water. Place pie plate on the left side of grill
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in 5 quart cast iron dutch oven. Sear pork butt on all sides (about 3 mins per side). Cover with broth and wine.
- Place dutch oven with pork on opposite side of grill (unlit). Cook for about 6 hours, basting every 30 minutes with a brush using juices in the pan.
- Add water to chips as the level lowers.
- When pork is tender and cooked through (160) internal temperature, slice or pull apart for pork sandwiches.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by Catmndu and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note