Slow-Cooked Beef Stew
Community Recipe from
- 1 1/4 pound(s) lean stewing beef cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 6 whole(s) small Yukon Gold Potatoes halved or quartered
- 3 whole(s) medium carrots cut into pieces
- 1 whole(s) yellow onion quartered
- 2 whole(s) celery sliced or chopped coarse
- 2 sprig(s) thyme
- 1 teaspoon(s) salt
- 1/2 teaspoon(s) black pepper grounded
- 2 tablespoon(s) all-purpose flour
- 2 cup(s) low-fat beef broth
- 1 - In a slow cooker, place beef, potatoes, carrots, onion, celery, and thyme. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and flour. Pour broth over top. Lightly stir to blend in flour. Cover and cook on medium until meat is very tender, about 10 hours. Discard cooked sprigs. Adjust seasonings. Garnish with fresh thyme and pepper flakes.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by YUMMY80 and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes