Love this recipe for company! I use chuck roast instead of round steak. Perfect cold weather recipe.
Slow-Cooked Beef Burgundy
More From Oxmoor House
Amount per serving
- Calories: 299
- Calories from fat: 16%
- Fat: 5.3g
- Saturated fat: 1.7g
- Monounsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Polyunsaturated fat: 0.0g
- Protein: 30.8g
- Carbohydrate: 26.7g
- Fiber: 2.6g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
- Iron: 0.0mg
- Sodium: 232mg
- Calcium: 0.0mg
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 pounds lean, boneless round steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces baby carrots (about 40 small)
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package yolk-free medium egg noodles
- Combine first 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add beef, and seal bag. Shake to coat beef.
- Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, and cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides, stirring often.
- Transfer beef to a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add wine and next 6 ingredients; toss well. Cover and cook 6 hours on high setting or 8 to 10 hours on low setting until meat is tender and sauce thickens. Add mushrooms 1 hour before cooking is completed. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir thoroughly.
- Ten minutes before sauce is done, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place 1/2 cup noodles on each of 8 individual serving plates. Spoon beef mixture evenly over hot noodles.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
More Recipes for Main Dishes