- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 pounds lean, boneless round steak, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 3/4 cup dry red wine
- 3/4 cup canned no-salt-added beef broth
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces baby carrots (about 40 small)
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (8-ounce) package presliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 (12-ounce) package yolk-free medium egg noodles
- calories 299
- caloriesfromfat 16 %
- fat 5.3 g
- satfat 1.7 g
- monofat 0.0 g
- polyfat 0.0 g
- protein 30.8 g
- carbohydrate 26.7 g
- fiber 2.6 g
- cholesterol 65 mg
- iron 0.0 mg
- sodium 232 mg
- calcium 0.0 mg
How to Make It
Combine first 4 ingredients in a large heavy-duty, zip-top plastic bag; add beef, and seal bag. Shake to coat beef.
Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium-high heat until hot. Add beef, and cook 10 minutes or until browned on all sides, stirring often.
Transfer beef to a 4-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Add wine and next 6 ingredients; toss well. Cover and cook 6 hours on high setting or 8 to 10 hours on low setting until meat is tender and sauce thickens. Add mushrooms 1 hour before cooking is completed. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir thoroughly.
Ten minutes before sauce is done, cook noodles according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; drain. Place 1/2 cup noodles on each of 8 individual serving plates. Spoon beef mixture evenly over hot noodles.