My whole family (4 sons, myself and husband) loved this slow cooker brisket recipe. It's basic, but tasty. I prepared it as written with no substitutions. I served it with mashed potatoes, steamed veggie medley and homemade butter buns. Great weeknight dinner!
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket
Community Recipe from
- 1 large onion sliced
- 3-4 pound(s) beef brisket cut in 2 pieces
- 1/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 container sliced mushrooms
- 3/4 cup(s) beef broth
- 1/2 cup(s) chili sauce
- 1/4 cup(s) brown sugar packed
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/4 cup(s) flour
- 1/4 cup(s) cold water
- Place onions in a slow cooker. Rub brisket with pepper, place over onion. Top with mushrooms. In a bowl, combine the broth, chili sauce, brown sugar, and garlic, pour over brisket. Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove brisket and keep warm. In a small bowl, combine flour and water until smooth, stir into cooking juices. Cover and cook on high for 30 minutes or until thickened. Slice brisket, serve with gravy.
This recipe is a personal recipe added by CassandraNocera and has not been tested or endorsed by MyRecipes.
Only you will be able to view, print, and edit this note.Add Note
Slow Cooked Beef Brisket Recipe at a Glance
- COURSE: Main Dishes