- 1 (3.5-pound) flat-cut beef brisket, trimmed and cut in half
- 1 (1.3-ounce) envelope golden onion soup mix (such as Lipton)
- Cooking spray
- 2 large onions, sliced (about 3 cups)
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, undrained
- 4 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- calories 191
- caloriesfromfat 24 %
- fat 5 g
- satfat 1.6 g
- protein 25.6 g
- carbohydrate 9.5 g
- fiber 0.8 g
- cholesterol 46 mg
- iron 2.8 mg
- sodium 454 mg
- calcium 51 mg
How to Make It
Sprinkle beef evenly with soup mix, and place in a 5-quart electric slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Top beef with onion, tomatoes, and garlic. Cover and cook on HIGH 1 hour. Reduce heat to LOW, and cook 6 hours or until tender.
Transfer beef to a serving platter; keep warm. Let onion-tomato sauce stand 30 minutes. Skim fat from surface of onion-tomato sauce, and serve over beef.
Note: This brisket can easily be made the day ahead and reheated on the stovetop for a quick meal. Chilling the onion mixture will cause the fat to solidify, allowing you to skim it from the surface with more efficiency.